Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Credit where credit is due

I've read a lot of stuff lately where someone does something good for someone else, and the common response is "That is an answer to prayer" or "isn't God great" or "that just proves God is real."

No, it doesn't. Listen, I am a good person and I do nice things for people. Just last weekend my babysitter was moving, and though I couldn't help with the move, when I stopped by I couldn't help but notice she had 4 children underfoot and in the way while they were trying to load a moving van. So I did what I COULD do, and that was round up the kids and bring them to my house to play with my own 3 kids. She later thanked me and told me what a huge help it was.

God didn't do that nice thing. I did. Lots of people give time, money, and effort out of the kindness of their hearts while "God" doesn't have to do a damn thing.

Give people some credit.

1 comment: